Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Avoidably Detained



It's not that I don't love you, I just love Champagne more. Or, should I say, I love to pop some bottles for good friends.

Off a roughly-seven month run consisting of kids' birthdays, family events, weddings, and the miscellany consuming the life of a thirty-something suburbanite, the past weekend seemed an appropriate time to slow down and enjoy. Fun and food with good neighbors, some splashing around and hopefully-not-pooping-in-it pool time with the li'l critter, and general relaxation. Rather, relaxation that has been a leprechaun riding a unicorn. That is to say, rare (but surprisingly easy to find online).

So, while the blog is peppered with occasional posts in which I feebly gripe about being too busy to write, I've penned this one to say I haven't posted in 5 days because I desired to get off the grid. Take some time to enjoy the blessings that have surround me. You know, at least for a couple days.

Funny how we can get so caught up in studying wine, discussing wine, analyzing wine, and arguing about it. The past weekend has served as a good reminder that our beloved beverage works its most-brilliant wonders when it is simply enjoyed in the company of friends...

...and I was talking about the kid pooping in the pool, not me. But I can see how that would throw some folks.

blog comments powered by Disqus