Sunday, July 5, 2009

An couple enhancements for your browsing pleasure

If you run through my posts now, you'll notice that they all say "Read more..." at the bottom. For some wacky reason, I was told by my wife that I was too long-winded on some of my posts. Remember grade school? I used to LOATHE the notion of writing a 5-paragraph essay. Now I can't seem to keep it under 10 million words.

For this reason, I've done two things to hopefully improve your coveted* "Suburban Wino Experience" (*sarcasm again):

1. As I mentioned, I've truncated the posts, so you can click "Read more..." to get the whole thing. However, I'm still working on the code, so even complete, shorter posts on the main page say "Read more..."- sorry to temporarily bamboozle you like that. I'll get it fixed once a javascript guru checks my work.

2. I also widened the page, so you won't have to deal with very tall, narrow columns of text. Until our country is official taken over by China, I will not require you to read north-to-south.

Anyway, I hope all this makes the site easier to navigate and read. If these changes cause any problems, PLEASE slide me a comment and I'll address the problem. In the meantime, I need to get back to some serious posts (not these slacker ones).

Cheers, Sláinte, Salud, Prost, Skål, Konbe, and Kampai!
blog comments powered by Disqus