Monday, August 18, 2008

No Content Yet...

...but it's a start. I could've just as easily plopped my butt on the delicious couch and tucked into a long evening of "Quantum Leap" reruns.

Let's face it: I'm way behind on the "blogging" scene. I hear that soon, people will actually have telephones that they can carry around with them, without any wires or anything! I also hear they have the internet on computers now. This new-fashioned technology...

I guess I just thought it'd be fun to create a forum where I could write down my thoughts about some of my favorite things: wine, food, football, non-athletic backyard sporting competitions, and other things that perhaps the myriad suburbanites like me out there tend to end up doing. I find that while we have the advantages of yards and open spaces to toss the football, we tend to miss out on the best vittles and libations that spring up in the city centers. However, I'm confident the suburbs can become a center of class and sophistication...without all the pretension and snootiness (is that redundant?) that comes with 'class and sophistication.'

Who says you can't have a wine-tasting party right before eating a bucket of chicken and screaming at your lowly Atlanta Falcons' gridiron inadequacies? The point is: I hope we can break the stereotype that "regular" folks like you and me can't be champions of fine wine, craft beer, and gourmet cuisine.

Should be fun...

1 comment:

  1. Broseph....Me likey the blog. I like the blog theme of "suburban sophistication", although I think this is an oxymoron. Us ITPs don't understand the fantastical idea of the suburbs colliding with the sophistication and debonairness that we posses. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete